Breakfasts have a special place in my heart. I love breakfasts! Especially weekend breakfast when you have enough time to make pancakes or waffles. I posted already two pancakes recipes: ricotta pancakes and banana pancakes, but this is the first recipe for waffles, heart shaped waffles to be precise 🙂 Aren’t they pretty?:) You may already notice, that I’m a sucker for heart shaped everything, you can find the recipe of heart shaped cookies here and the recipe of heart shaped cake here. Anyways, all waffles are great, not only heart shaped ones! So I promise, this recipe will not be the last one, because I have several favorite waffles recipes, that include sourdough waffles, chocolate waffles, Belgian waffles, orange flavored waffles, etc. So stay tuned 🙂
But for now let’s talk about these heart shaped waffles. They have all hallmarks of good waffles: light, fluffy, with crispy exterior… Super delicious! Additionally they are easy to make and do not need any preparation a night before (like sourdough or overnight waffles for example). So, if you woke up today in the mood for waffles, just make them and enjoy!
Heart Shaped Waffles
Yield: 4 to 5 heart shaped waffles
80 g all-purpose flour (or spelt flour, if you want to make your waffles healthier)
40 g almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoon maple syrup
125 ml almond milk
2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted and cooled to room temperature)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Banana & berries
Heart Shaped Waffle maker.
2. Separate an egg white from a yolk*.
3. In a small bowl whisk milk, the egg yolk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut oil.
6. Leave the batter to rest in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Preheat the heart shaped waffle maker according to manufacture’s instruction. Grease it with a little bit of coconut oil (if needed) and pour about 2-3 tablespoons batter per waffle (depending on the waffle maker). Bake according to the instructions, about 2-3 minutes till golden brown on the both sides and fully cooked through.
8. Serve warm** with banana slices, fresh berries and maple syrup.
P.S. If you will make these heart shaped waffles, please tag @bakingwithanastasia and @toetjeaddicted on Instagram/ Facebook/ Twitter and use the hashtag #bakingwithanastasia! I would love to see your creations!