Looking for a quick and easy cake recipe? This one is exactly what you need! With all preparation & baking time, this easy cake will be ready less than in an hour! Just perfect treat for unexpected guests!
Additionally, this easy cake is wonderfully versatile as well – use for it whatever fruit you happen to have in a fridge. This time I baked it with peaches, blueberries, redcurrants and raspberries, but plums, strawberries, cherries, figs, apricots will work here as well. Perfect for summer!
And most of all this easy cake is super delicious and you don’t need any fancy ingredients: just flour, sugar, butter, eggs, a little bit of yogurt and lots of berries or fruits of course!
This cake is super delicious on it’s own, but you can also serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. So good!
Easy Cake with Berries & Peaches
180 g all-purpose flour, sifted
130 g butter, cut into small pieces, softened, plus 10-20g to grease the tart tin
165 g demerara sugar + 20g, to sprinkle
pinch of salt
70 g yogurt
3 tbsp limoncello (optional, you can substitute it with 3 tbsp milk)
1,5 teaspoon baking powder
100-200 g berries, washed and de-stalked
Round Tart Pan with removable bottom 24 cm (9-inch)
2. Halve the peach and slice into wedges. Set aside along with the berries.
3. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Then add eggs, beating in one at a time, yogurt and limoncello (or milk).
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl.
5. Add dry ingredients into the butter mixture gradually, mix until smooth.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tart pan and level the top with a spoon. Arrange berries and peach wedges over the cake’s top, sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes until it becomes golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan.
9. Once the cake is cooled, remove from the pan and dust lightly with icing sugar. Serve by it’s own or with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.